The exterior of your home is the first thing that people see. It can cost a lot if you hire a professional painter to paint the exterior of your home, but there are some DIY methods that can be done on your own
Painting your exterior is one of the cheapest ways to add value and curb appeal to your property. There are many factors that you should take into consideration before you decide which color to paint it in order to get the best possible outcome.
Painting your exterior is one of the cheapest ways to add value and curb appeal to your property. There are many factors that you should take into consideration before you decide which color to paint. Choosing the right color can make or break the look of your home. One of these factors is what other colors exist on your property, either in landscaping, siding, or other features on the house itself.
you can paint the exterior on your own
Though painting a house can be a difficult and harrowing task for some people, the process of painting a house is actually quite straightforward. You first start by deciding which colors you want to paint your home, before purchasing the right materials and tools. Begin by sweeping the exterior of your house with a broom to remove all excess dirt and grime from its Surface
Tips on How To Go About Painting Your Home’s Exterior
Preparing Your Home’s Exterior
1. Remove anything that could be in the way, such as trees and bushes.
2. Prepare the surface by scraping off loose paint and cleaning it with a slightly damp sponge or slightly damp rag (do not use soap).
3. Sand all surfaces that need to be painted and let it dry overnight.
4. If you are re-painting your home’s exterior, prime the surface before painting it with a latex product designed for this purpose (oil-based primers should never be used outside).
5. Apply a layer of high quality primer or sealer before painting your home’s exterior, even if you plan to use an enamel paint product because these will not adhere well to latex paints without primer or sealer